2dec - 3All DayChristmas by Candlelight - Old Sturbridge Village(All Day) Old Sturbridge Village, 1 Old Sturbridge Village Road Sturbridge, MA 01566Event Type:Family,Featured Event,Holiday event,Museums
Christmas by Candlelight - Old Sturbridge Village | December 2-3, 8-10, 15-17, 21-23 | 3- 8 pm each day Christmas by Candlelight at Old Sturbridge Village is an evening filled with New
Christmas by Candlelight – Old Sturbridge Village | December 2-3, 8-10, 15-17, 21-23 | 3- 8 pm each day
Christmas by Candlelight at Old Sturbridge Village is an evening filled with New England holiday traditions, live musical performances, storytelling, sleigh rides, festive foods, a roaring bonfire, and strolls around the decorated Village Common. At North Pole Village, families will find Santa and his whimsical elves, Mrs. Claus’ Bake Shop, a magical talking Christmas tree, and an expanded train display, including some of the trains from the movie Joy. And do not miss the nightly tree lighting and the ever-popular gingerbread house contest!
Christmas by Candlelight highlights include:
- Old Sturbridge Village’s town common decorated for the holidays with twinkling lights, glowing candles, fresh evergreen garlands and wreaths, and a 40 foot Village Christmas tree
- Located at Gallery Row is the North Pole Village for families and kids to explore and enjoy including Santa Claus and Tinsel, the Village’s talking Christmas tree
- Holiday traditions explained and recreated including roasting chestnuts, yule logs, mistletoe, and more
- Demonstrations of period holiday baking and cider mulling, as well as tin-making, pottery and 19th-century printing
- Strolling Victorian carolers
- Sleigh rides (weather permitting)
- Gingerbread House Contest
- Display of the Little Town of Bethlehem nativity
- Puppet Shows and Magic Shows with Bob Olson
- Christmas carol sing-a-longs
- Dance from Dicken’s A Christmas Carol
- Readings of The Night Before Christmas, Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, and A Visit from Saint Nicholas
- Readings of “The Nativity Gospel of Saint Luke” and “The Nativity Gospel of Saint Matthew”
$14 Youth ages 4-17
Free for Children 3 and under
PURCHASE EARLY AND SAVE!
Tickets purchased between October 3 and November 30 will receive a discount for Thursday/Friday/Sunday admission —Old Sturbridge Village Members receive 50% off and Non-Members receive 25% off—No Discount on Saturday nights. To learn more about Old Sturbridge Village Membership, click here.
Old Sturbridge Village, the largest outdoor history museum in the Northeast, depicts a rural New England town of the 1830s. You are invited into more than 40 original buildings, including homes, meetinghouses, a district school, country store, bank, working farm, three water-powered mills, and trade shops – all situated on more than 200 scenic acres. Visitors can meet heritage breed farm animals and interact with authentically costumed staff.
OSV | 1 Old Sturbridge Village Road, Sturbridge, MA 01566
december 2 (Saturday) - 3 (Sunday)
Old Sturbridge Village
1 Old Sturbridge Village Road Sturbridge, MA 01566